Newark and Sherwood pays out more than £1.5m in coronavirus crisis payments
More than £1.5m has been paid to around 500 businesses in coronavirus crisis payments by Newark and Sherwood District Council.
The council has pledged to continue to ensure that those entitled to money will receive it as soon as possible.
It said it recognised it was critical businesses had funds to stay afloat and had used a swift but secure process to ensure funds went to the right place at a time when it was needed.
Council leader David Lloyd said: “This has demonstrated local government helping the business community at its very best.
“Some businesses are in dire need of funds and we were determined that, once again, we would cut through bureaucracy to make the process as simple and as fast as possible to get the money into businesses’ bank accounts.
“There are a number of different grant schemes available and to make things simple we have created one single web form that captures all the information necessary to apply for one grant or more.”
Grants available include:
• Local Restrictions Support Grant (open) — a discretionary scheme designed to support businesses in the hospitality, hotel, bed and breakfast and leisure sectors, that were affected while remaining open when entering Tier 2 local restrictions in Nottinghamshire on October 14, 2020.
• Local Restrictions Support Grant (closed) — a scheme to support businesses in the hospitality, accommodation, beauty and leisure sectors, that were legally required to close as a result of Nottinghamshire entering Tier 3 on October 30, 2020. This scheme will be administered in line with Government requirements.
• National Restrictions Support Grant (closed) — a scheme to support businesses that that have been legally required to close as a result of national restrictions commencing on November 5, 2020. This scheme will be administered in line with Government requirements.
• Local Restrictions Support Grant (sector) — a scheme to support businesses that that were legally required to close on March 23, 2020, and have never been able to re-open. This scheme will be administered in line with Government requirements.
• Additional Restrictions Grant (discretionary) — a discretionary scheme to provide additional one-off funding to businesses in the hospitality, accommodation, beauty, leisure and non-essential retail affected by the national restrictions.
There is a limited pot of money and businesses have until 5pm on Wednesday, November 25, to make an application.
Go to www.newark-sherwooddc.gov.uk/fsb/additional businesssupportgrants/ for information and to make an application.