Coronavirus: Your county needs you! Do your bit as part of a huge team of temporary social care and support workers currently being recruited
Nottinghamshire County Council is urging people to do their bit as it seeks to recruit a huge team of temporary social care and support workers to help battle the coronavirus crisis.
More than 100 social care and support workers are needed to work flexibly around the county providing vital social care to older and disabled people in a range of roles including:
- Phoning vulnerable people
- Visiting people at home
- Providing personal care, such as help with getting dressed or washed
- Ensuring that people are safe and well and have access to food and medication
- Working in one of the council’s residential care services
- Providing care and support to people who are unable to remain at home
Melanie Brooks, corporate director for adult social care and public health at the county council, said: “We know that many people in Nottinghamshire want to help during this crisis and this is the perfect opportunity to provide vital social care support where it is needed.
More by this authorDan Churcher