Home   News   Article

Subscribe Now

East Midlands Ambulance Service and Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service crews from Newark and Collingham attend fire at flats on Northgate, Newark, following blaze cause by indoor barbecue





A major street in Newark was closed last night as emergency services responded to a fire at a block of flats.

Crews from Newark and Collingham fire stations attended the fire on the ground-floor of a property on Northgate at 9pm on Monday evening (May 13).

Smoke filled the property after the fire was found to be caused by a barbecue being lit indoors.

Emergency services
Emergency services

Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze with the use of a hose and breathing apparatus and use of a ventilation system to clear smoke.

One male was in the property at the time of the incident, who was removed by crews and handed over to East Midlands Ambulance Service.

The ambulance service sent their Hazardous Area Response Team, two crewed ambulances, and two paramedics in solo response cars.

One patient was assessed at the scene, but it was decided that no hospital treatment was needed.

Firefighters carried out checks on neighbouring flats in the same block to reassure residents.



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More