Person hit by train at Newark Northgate, causing major delays at both Northgate and Newark Castle train stations
There are major railway delays as a person has been hit by a train in the Newark area.
The person was struck by a train near Newark Northgate Station and delays are expected at both Newark Castle and Northgate until the end of the day.
National Rail said trains may be delayed by up to 90 minute or cancelled.
A spokesperson said: "If you’ve been affected by what happened on the network today, there is always someone to talk to.
"You can contact the Samaritans on 116 123 from any phone for a confidential chat."
Rail replacement transport is in place between Newark Northgate/Newark Castle and Lincoln.
Advice for East Midlands Railway customers:
- No trains on the route can run between Newark Castle and Lincoln Central.
- Trains between Leicester and Lincoln Central will operate between Leicester and Nottingham only.
- Trains on the Peterborough / Lincoln / Grimsby / Doncaster route cannot currently run between Newark Northgate and Lincoln Central.
- Services between Matlock / Nottingham / Newark Castle are still able to run.
To help with your journey, tickets will be accepted on the following services:
- LNER via any reasonable route
- Northern between Lincoln and Retford
More by this authorConnor Thompson