Home   News   Article

Subscribe Now

Newark poll: Should councils limit their tax increases this year as people struggle with the effects of coronavirus?




Taxpayers in Nottinghamshire are set to pay an additional 2.99% in council tax to the county council from April.

The move, due to be approved next week, means the council tax will rise by the maximum amount ­— 1.99%, while the adult social care precept will rise by 1%, bringing the total to 2.99%.

The council is allowed to raise the social care precept ­— which is ring-fenced for spending on adult social care ­— by 3%, but has decided not to take this option.

For more on this click here.



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More