Home   Sport   Article

Daryl Price double sends Newark Town to the top of the Newark Alliance Premier Division

After a high-scoring weekend of cup football, ten Newark Alliance league fixtures were played, including a 4-0 win that saw last season’s Premier Division winners return to top spot.

Daryl Price returned as Newark Town earned a 4-0 win over Barkestone-le-Vale, which moved them one point clear of title rivals RHP.

Price opened the scoring midway through the first-half, and Barkestone, who lost 8-2 to RHP last weekend, did enough to survive a thumping as Town’s second came in the 72nd minute through Liam Warner.

Grove vs Bottesford, Coronation Street Park. Grove Captain, Marc Toule.. (6508600)
Grove vs Bottesford, Coronation Street Park. Grove Captain, Marc Toule.. (6508600)

Price netted again to put the game out of sight three minutes later, before midfielder Alexander Hales made it four in the 80th minute.

The Premier Division clash between Holy Trinity and Wheatsheaf United ended with honours evens as an entertaining 2-2 draw was played out at Coronation Street Park.

Having fallen behind following Calum Law’s effort, Trinity hit two quick-fire goals at the start of the second-half through Patrick Swaby and Richard Dyson.

The points were shared after Gary Boyd equalized.

Walesby’s rotten run continued in the final Premier Division fixture as Newark Flowserve earned their third win of the season through Scott Walker’s second-half strike.

Walesby are now without a win in four and have dropped to fourth.

Lewis Chambers hit a hat-trick as RHP continued their Nottinghamshire Sunday Cup duties with an 8-0 win over Nell Gwyn.

Substitute Rhuel Samuels came off the bench to hit a brace, while Ryan Ashley, Leighton Nicholson and Conor Scott were also on the scoresheet.

Doubles from Damian Gacki and Bassi Okon put East Bridgford Rangers top of Division One as they flew past Newark Flowserve Reserves with a 7-2 win.

Matthew Stevenson, Benjamin Castell and Anthony Millward were also among the goals for Rangers, while Ashley Reed hit both of Flowserve’s goals.

Paula Nichols Photography (6397278)
Paula Nichols Photography (6397278)

After a scoreless first-half, Collingham and Robin Hood Colts played out a five-goal thriller in the second, which was led by Matthew Evans, who hit a brace to put the hosts on their way.

Ed Mills and Axl Rice put the game game to bed as Collingham convincingly earned a 4-1 to continue their Division One title chase.

Ben Cotton opened the scoring in the first minute as bottom-side Bottesford earned a narrow 2-1 win over Old Magnusians ­— their first of the season.

Yet again, Division Two leaders Rose And Crown were convincing winners as they put four past Holy Trinity Reserves without reply.

Liam Price, the division’s top-scorer, added two goals to his ever-growing tally, while an unlikely scorer in James Morris also hit a brace as Rose flew to a first-half lead.

Laxton Athletic, who sit six points behind Rose, are the most likely title challengers after their 4-0 win against second-placed Bleasby.

Keith Miller opened the scoring and goals from Scott Hennell and Cameron Bain followed, before Will Smith’s second-half strike.

Team Knowhow’s second-half comeback saw them steal all three points against Fernwood in their 3-2 win.

Connor Thompson opened the scoring, before Dan Smith doubled Fernwood’s lead, but a goal either side of half-time from Joey Fellows and Connor Benitez pulled the hosts level.

An 85th minute winner came from Joe Powell, who calmly finished after finding himself unmarked six-yards out.

Michael Handy, Ethan Wilson and Cameron Saville were among the goals as Sutton-on-Trent ran out 3-0 winners against Newark Cavaliers.

Read more

More by this author

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More