Results of Newark and Sherwood Sports Awards, presented by Radio Newark and Active4Today, in full
The Newark and Sherwood Sports Awards were held over three days, celebrating the achievements of the district’s best sports stars.
The shows, which were hosted by Radio Newark, opened on Tuesday in Ollerton at the Dukeries Academy, where four winners were announced.
The following night, at Southwell Rugby Club, further nominations were revealed, with another award winner.
It set up an extra-long show at Newark Rugby Club, where the remaining seven awards were handed out.
The awards in full:
- Sam White junior volunteer of the year: Trampolinist Charlie Cawthorne (winner), tennis player Isabella Chapman (finalist).
- Junior disabled sportsperson: 4A’s Zachary Marshall (winner).
- Senior disabled sportsperson: Gymnast and trampolinist Laura Young (winner).
- Volunteer of the year: Kara Pearson (winner), Sam Crowther (finalist), Richie Wilson (finalist), Megan Williams (nominee), Charlie Long (nominee).
- Coach of the Year: Ollerton Town Rugby Club’s Samuel Ward (winner), RHP Football Club’s Garry Attwood (finalist), Farndon Cricket Club’s Martyn Hill (finalist), Newark Castle Archers’ Mandie Elson (nominated), Farnsfield Tennis Club’s Jon Penny (nominated).
- Warwick Lane junior sportsperson of the year: Boxer Sam Hardy (winner), boxer Chloe Davies (finalist), cricketer Rhiannon Knowling-Davies (finalist), sailor Sam Grayton (nominated), fencer Arthur Eakin (nominated), tennis player Mia Cameron (finalist).
- Junior team of the year: Warriors Football Club under-11s (winners), RHP under-16 Sunday team (finalist), Newark Castle Archers (finalist).
- Club of the year: Adventure Activities for All Abilities — 4A’s (winner), Warriors Football Club (finalist), Grove Squash Club (finalist), Farnsfield Tennis Club (nominated), Fernwood Sword Club (nominated), Newark Tennis Lawn Club (nominated).
- Senior team of the year: Balderton Cricket Club men’s 2nds (winners), Southwell City Football Club (finalist).
- Senior sportsperson of the year: Powerlifter James Brincat-Smith (winner), Newark Striders Running Club’s Peter Davis (finalist).
- Roll of honour: Notts County Sailing Club’s John Marshall and Suggy’s Gym’s Dean Sugden.